Stylish Teased Ponytail!
A teased ponytail is the perfect pragmatic-yet-pretty hairstyle for summer 2013. It keeps the hair off your face and neck, it’s easy to create with a low maintenance factor, and it looks equally appropriate for a day at the beach, an important business meeting or a formal evening out. Few hairstyles are as versatile.
It’s the pouf on top that makes all the difference; it lifts it from being just another anodyne pony.
Ayesha Mistry, creative director at Juice Salon, breaks down the style.
Prepping is “the most important step when creating any kind of styled look,” says Mistry.
- “Start with a shampoo and conditioner that adds volume to your hair. Make sure to apply conditioner only to the ends,” she says. Mistry recommends TIGI’s Bed Head Styleshots Epic Volume Shampoo and Conditioner.
- “After towel drying your hair, use a volumizing spray, preferably one that can be used on your scalp as well. Spritz the product on your scalp section by section making sure it’s evenly distributed. Spray randomly through the mid lengths and ends, turn your head over and rough dry the hair till it is a 100 percent dry and flip your head back.” Try TIGI’s Bed Head Superstar Queen for A Day Thickening Spray.
- “Take a box shaped section of hair, starting from the recession point (at the temples) to a little below the crown.”
- “Within the box take a one inch segment (or slightly larger sections if you have fine hair) from the back.”
- “Back comb the section from the roots, as well as the mid-lengths of the hair, to create volume and cushioning. Conntinue teasing one-inch sections till you reach the front hair line.”
- “Gather all your hair together where you would like the ponytail to sit.”
- “Then using a small hair brush start smoothing the top section of the hair, but lightly, just so it looks smoothed over. Be careful not to brush with a strong hand or the back combing will open up. Brush the sides in tighter so that the top volume is emphasized and secure using a band.”
- “Finish the look with an all-over mist of hair spray that offers good hold plus shine, like TIGI’s Bed Head Masterpiece Massive Shine.”
Image courtesy: Juice